Thursday, April 2, 2020

FAQ details

Pentagon FAQ

Job Submission
Where do I submit my job?
Users can submit jobs to the local servers.

How do I submit my job?
Users will login to the local host to submit jobs.

Location of Services
Do I have a Home Directory?
Users will each get a new home directory in the network. Out of server home directories will not be visible from hosts, but a final decision is pending. This FAQ will be updated once a decision is made.

Do I have to use the local host?
Yes. Only the local host will be used to get the DISPLAYs from interactive jobs.

Where is the Web server?
Web servers will be inside the local server.

What is the output location?
All data that needs to be written from jobs that were run in the network must be under the Asphalt location, the policy location or the storage filers located inside the network.

Shortcuts and Other Functions
Can I use cut and paste?
No. Users cannot cut and paste information outside of the environment. Users can send mail with the command by sending log commands outside the system.

Can I use SSH?
No. SSH is not allowed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment